Pages: 1
RSS
Filtering UI thoughts. Improvements, Things I would like to see added in Filtering

I have 723 Incoming filters and 713 Outgoing filters. (Been using TheBat! for a LONG time  :D  )

When I need to edit a filter, I use the search box at the top. If I inadvertently hit enter after entering the search criteria, (the same way I do with quick search at the message list window) the filtering window closes. I would like the enter key to start the search instead of closing the filtering window.

After having searched for a filter that is more than 50 or so filters in, and not quite all the way to the bottom of the navigation pane, I can not tell if I am looking at an Incoming Filter or an Outgoing filter without scrolling ALL THE WAY to the top or bottom to see which tree I am in. I would like some indication in the Nav Bar, OR in the body of the filter edit window, that tells me if I am working on an incoming or our going filter.

When I am creating a new filter, I have to copy and paste, then edit the new filter in order to have the same filter for outgoing. I create incoming filters first, but the opposite would be true if you create the outgoing filter first. I would like a button in the Filter edit menus that allows me to "Save and Create Reciprocal Filter". OR; If the software knows I am creating an incoming filter, the button could say "Save and Create Matching Outgoing Filter", or "Save and Create Matching Incoming Filter" if you were creating an out going filter. All this button needs to do is copy the filter to the outgoing part of the tree, and change the "Sender" to "Recipient". If you were creating a filter based on Subject, the software would create the reciprocal filter, but make no changes.

If you titled the button as "Save and Create Matching Reciprocal Filter", you would only need one button, the software would know to create the opposite filter.

In Summary:
1) Change the ENTER behavior from the Filtering Search box
2) Provide a visual indication of the type of filter "Incoming" or "Outgoing" when the Nav Bar headers are not visible
3) Add a "Save and Create Matching Reciprocal Filter"

Thanks for listening!

Good suggestions! Please be sure to also submit them to Ritlabs (see Support menu at top of the screen).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Done! thanks!
Edited: Jasper Gott - 23 April 2021 17:29:50

>> 723 Incoming filters and 713 Outgoing filters
You're the MAN!
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

The "sort" (alphabetically) option in individual filters will also be useful.
AND / OR at least buttons for moving conditions / blocks UP and DOWN.
I have to check the entire list before adding a specific condition.
Will be nice to have ability to INSERT condition between, not just on the bottom.
Pages: 1