Pages: 1
RSS
Second filter

I have more than a dozen filters set up that work very well.
They take e-mails coming to a general e-mail address and send them
to specific e-mail folders.

I would like to set up a second filter for one of the folders.
But I don't see a way to do this.

Should I go to Account/Sorting Office?

The condition set up currently takes e-mail that has a certain address and sends it to folder A.
I would like to add another condition so that if any of these e-mails also has any text in it
that matches "abcdefg", send it to the Trash can.

Guidance on how to achieve this would be appreciated.

The easiest approach, I think, would be to create a copy of the filter, move it up in the list of filters so it is executed first, and then edit it to add the "abcdefg" criterion and to change the action into 'move to trash'.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks very much Daniel for your help.
Maybe it was another e-mail app or previous version, but I used to be able to set up
different filters in one place/filter rather than setting up duplicate filters such as your
approach.

So for one e-mail folder I could set up two, three or more filters and list the criteria for each
in the same box, one below the other.

Mad Batter wrote:
[..] I used to be able to set up different filters in one place/filter rather than setting up duplicate filters such as your
approach.

So, why do you believe that you cannot do so in The Bat? You mentioned the Sorting Office, that's where you can create as many filters as you want. And if you're making a filter that resembles another one, the quickest way of doing so is by creating a copy and modifying that. It isn't a duplicate, it's a new, separate filter.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Mad Batter wrote:

The condition set up currently takes e-mail that has a certain address and sends it to folder A.
I would like to add another condition so that if any of these e-mails also has any text in it
that matches "abcdefg", send it to the Trash can.

Guidance on how to achieve this would be appreciated.
Filters in The Bat! can be nested, so you should select your first filter (which moves e-mail to the folder A) and press Shift+Ctrl+Ins to create nested subfilter. The condition of this subfilter should check the "abcdefg" phrase presence in the message text. If the condition is true, the subfilter should move the message to the Trash folder. "Continue processing with other filters" option should be ticked in the first filter.

Zygmunt Wereszczyński wrote:
Filters in The Bat! can be nested, so you should select your first filter (which moves e-mail to the folder A) and press  Shift+Ctrl+Ins  to create nested subfilter. The condition of this subfilter should check the "abcdefg" phrase presence in the message text. If the condition is true, the subfilter should move the message to the Trash folder. "Continue processing with other filters" option should be ticked in the first filter.
Thanks Zygmunt, this is a much better solution for my situation.  :)
Pages: 1