Pages: 1
RSS
Auto Responder Help Please...!

Hi there,

I am a new user of The Bat and have an issue that someone might be able to help me with......I will give you some background...

I have an active Paypal account and will be running a sales promotion on Ebay shortly using a new email address I have set up with Paypal so that payments made will be easily identifed for the particular promotion I am running. Lets call it mad@cashette.com which customers will use to send payments.

My payment notifications from Paypal come directly into one email host in my case Yahoo and from there I am using The Bat to download from yahoos server.

Now, what I need to do is set up an autoresponse email picking out the email address of mad@cashette.com and get TB to send a thankyou message back to the ORIGINATORS email address (bearing in mind its actuall y come from Paypal in the first instance). The notification message from paypal i think has the originators email address in it so it should be able to pick it out and send a pre formatted message?

I hope that someone can help cos its driving insane!

Many  thanks,

Paul

Show me a message with the format you get from Paypal and I'll see whayt I can do.

Thanks Roelof, sorry about the multiple emails - I thought i hadn't input the numbers correctly....

Hi All,

I have the same type of need. I get an email from my website with name, address, email, etc which I need to pull into an auto reply. The email address pulled and plugged into the "To" field of the reply would be a great start.

going insane 2

Thanks

Dick  

Same goes for you, show the message you get from your website and I'll see if I can help you.
As far as I'm cponcerned you don't have to that that per private mail like Paul did, but it's all the same to me.

Thanks Roelof,

Here's a piece of the email I get. If you need the whole thing I'll forward it to you.

CUSTOMER EMAIL:
somebody@somewhere.net

CUSTOMER NAME:
John Doe

YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS:
John Doe
555 Main St.
Somewhere, BC A0A0A0
CA

I'm hopeful I can figure out some if this if you just get me started. I need to auto reply with Customer Email: and insert their name.

Thanks again,

Dick

Create a filter that triggers on your message. Set as action 'Create automatic reply'
Use something like this as template:

%SetPattRegExp='(?is)CUSTOMER EMAIL:/n(.*?)/n/nCUSTOMER NAME(.*?)\n'%-
%RegExpBlindMatch='%Text'%-
%To=''To='"%SubPatt=_2_" <%SubPatt=_1_>'

Insert some text

Unfortunately I haven't got the time to test this, so you've got to do that yourself.

Thank you,

I'm on it.
Pages: 1