Pages: 1
RSS
Filters Vanished, Why?!

I had created a small group of filters. No problems. Then I just went to create another filter and presto no more filters. They are gone, and no I did not delete them.

Has anybody had this problem and is there a way to fix it? Perhaps the computer just relocated them, and all I need to do is find and replace them? What would I look for?

Are the other filters located at an other account or was the last filter you added a common filter?
(You can switch to another account or to the common filters, via the pull down  left at the top.)

Just guessing, I've never lost any filters (that I'm aware of)

Are the missing filters still functioning?

Well, there were no filters for the account name or the common filters. There were just gone. I didn't even do anything to them.

Are the missing filters still functioning?

I don't know. After trying everything I could think of and getting no results, I finally just recreated the filters.

What would the filters be filed under? I searched on the computer for all possible file names that I could think of, but I got no results.

The filters are stored in a file called account.srb (or account.erb when you're using an encrypted message base) The file is located in the account directory for account filters and in the mail directory for common filters.

Well I went to check to see if I could locate my old filters there, or at least refresh that file to see if they would return. Nothing.

I guess it doesn't matter now. I have created all new filters. I just hope that they do not do this again. If all I created is one or two filters then that wouldn't be a problem, but when you create several fitlers, and they vanish, that is a real pain.

Just copy your account.srb file for safe keeping. I never lost any filters in the five years that I've been using TB. But I must admit that I'd be desparate, I'm using over a hundred filters.

But I must admit that I'd be desparate, I'm using over a hundred filters.

YIKES! I couldn't deal with having that many filters vanish. I would just have to live without them if that happened.

Thanks for the idea of copying them. :D That will really come in handy, since I am creating more and more as I go along.

We have fixed this problem in the latest Beta version of The Bat! You can subscribe to TBBETA mailing list and get the BETA URL from there. To subsribe, please write a message to mailto:tbbeta-request@thebat.dutaint.com?subject=subscribe or tbbeta-join@thebat.dutain­t.com

Alternatively, you can wait until Ritlabs will release the next final version of The Bat!
Pages: 1