Pages: 1
RSS
Seeking The Missing File "account.srb", There is no such file in the Bat Folder/Directory

i have 5 different accounts and filters are not common, each account has its own filters.

I understood that the filters are stored in a file called account.srb (or "account.erb" in the event that when we're using an encrypted message).

When I went to copy the account.srb file (thus to have a back up copy of my current filters) noticed that the file "account.srb" is not in the Bat Main Folder/Directory. I searched on the computer for all possible file names, but I got no results.

the only file i saw with a similar ext is the file "Bat_srb.tip" which is a Tip file.

Has anybody had this problem before ?
is this the right file to copy and save as a back up ?
if not, where should i seek the proper file and what steps should i follow in order to trace my filters' files.

I'm using over two hundred filters and is a must to have a backup, will take me ages to create them from scrach.

just for your records in the Bat installation directory
i can see the following folder and files

folders:
-------
BayesIt
Images
Speller

files
-----
bat_czh.tip
bat_dut.tip
bat_esp.tip
bat_fra.tip
bat_ger.tip
bat_pol.tip
bat_rom.tip
bat_rus.tip
bat_sky.tip
bat_srb.tip
bat_src.tip
bat_swe.tip
bat_ukr.tip
DelMSI (Removes Shortcuts and Data Files)
except
licence
licence_pro
readme
SSCE5132.dll (Sentry spelling-checker engine)
TBMapi.dll
The_bat (Compiled HTML Help file)
thebat (Email Client Icon)
thebat.lng
thebat.tip

++

your response/expert adv is highly appreciated.
thanks  

in the Mail folder, where all the mail gets stored.

As  an add-on:
You'll find the common filters in the mail directory and the account based filters are to be found in the account directories (subfolders of the mail directory)

The default location for the mail directory would be in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application data\The Bat!
In case your config isn't the default, you can find the exact location at:
Options -> Preferences -> System -> Mail Directory