Pages: 1
RSS
Assigning color group, How do I change the color of an email by a filter

Is there a way to assign a color group with a filter. I'm sure there must be, but I can't find it.
What I want to do is change the color of the incoming email, and then when read move it to a different folder.

I kwow how to move the email with a filter, but don't know how to do the color group or if I have to have 2 separate filters.

Thanks much
Rick

You should be able to both set a colour group to a message and move it with the same filter.
Just add an action and pick the action from the subgroup flags -> assign to a colour group

AH, it was under flags... Great.Thank you! I'll have to take back some of the bad things I said about you ;-P

now how do I make the same filter create the color AND wait until it is read to move it to the folder?  

i know how to create multiple actions, but with my limited knowledge, it seems that the color would be created after it gets read.

Rick

Oops. I'm only reading now that it should be moved after you've read it.
You'll need to folders to achieve what you want.
An incoming folder that sets the colour group and as you want it moved after you've read it, you need a read filter to move the message.

Basically you can filter at five moments:
Before download: Selective download filters (rather restricted set of actions)
After download: Incoming mail filters
After you've read it: Read messages filters (these filters are triggered when the message status changes from 'unread' to 'read')
After you've replied to it: Replied messages filters (they act upon the original message, not upon the reply)
After you've sent it: Outgoing mail filters

Roelof's message really hightlights The Bats!'s power. I can't imagine any other e-mail program coming close to the potential and power of this program.  Some of the things The Bat! can do are just sort of amazing.

I agree. Wished I knew about this years ago..lol

I still can't believe how much flexability I have with this.

Some of the things The Bat! *CAN'T* do are just sort of amazing too!

GET OUT.  GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN. :!: :)  What other email program 'features' a keyboard combination to recover folders which have mysteriously disappeared?  lol :)  I have yet to recover my lost backups which refuse to restore.

> Some of the things The Bat! *CAN'T* do are just sort of amazing too!

To be honest that was my first thought to, though I'm quite comfortable with TB's restrictions, otherwise I wouldn't have lasted more than seven years as a TB user.

> What other email program 'features' a keyboard combination to recover folders which have mysteriously disappeared?

I've mentioned those seven years I've been using TB, didn't I? In all of those years I've never lost any folder and I've got quite a few of them. (And I've been beta testing for a couple of years now.) I know it happens to some people, but never could think of a reason.