Pages: 1
RSS
message automatically removed from server

I have two problems.

1. First of all, when I realized I posted this to the wrong Forum and tried to re-post, I couldn't LOG IN again! The system wouldn't accept my name and password!
What happened? I had to go back in my browser to get back to this page and started editing the message.

2. My main problem is outlined below.

I am using an older version of The Bat and have recently made a change to my Mail Management settings.

I want to leave messages greater than 100K on the server and just retrieve the header.

I haven't touched the first setting:
Delete received messages from server.

I have set the second setting to:
Receive header only if message size is greater than 100K.

But what is happening now is messages greater than 100K aren't being left on the server, they are being deleted from the server!
I just receive a notice e-mail telling me that the message has been deleted from the server, like the following:

"A message with the size exceeding 100 K bytes limit has arrived to your address -
the message has been automatically removed from the server.

The message header follows..."

Any ideas how I can fix this?

TIA
Edited: MadBatter - 23 April 2008 21:17:53

if it works that way, I guess it's a bug.
I don't see other way than setting messages to be kept on server for a couple of days.
BTW it's a good idea to keep messages on server for an interval a bit longer than the interval between backups - otherwise if something goes wrong, you can't restore messages received after the last backup.

if it works that way, I guess it's a bug.
I don't see other way than setting messages to be kept on server for a couple of days.
BTW it's a good idea to keep messages on server for an interval a bit longer than the interval between backups - otherwise if something goes wrong, you can't restore messages received after the last backup.

OK thanks for your help.
I will take your advice and change my settings to keep the messages for a longer period of time.

A couple of questions on that. If I set it to keep mail on server for three days, will the messages be deleted after that time and does The Bat check to make sure they are downloaded just once?

each time you connect to the server with theBat, it will delete already received messages older than 3 days
Pages: 1