Pages: 1
RSS
Removing attachment from message

I have a filter that removes the attachment from an incoming message into a predefined folder. I then move the message to another folder, but the attachment is saved with the message, even though I have removed the attachment.

Is this something I am doing wrong, or a bug?

Regards
David

You cannot have a filter removes the attachment from a message as there is no filter action that does so. Probably you're mistajken about what your filter does.

I thought perhaps it was a shortcoming of the software. I read the filter action 'Extract files to...' removed them from the message.

I then created a formatted message which strangely attaches the attachments to the new message.

So the question is - how do I get rid of the attachments when I move (or save a copy of) the messag

This can be done in many ways. Check filter action options. You can even delete some kind of attachmends like for example *.pdf. It's easy to make it work with hidden .bat proc create *.bat file put del c:\attachments *.pdf and then save attachments to c:\attachments and then call proc .bat and all pdf attachments will be removed. If you wanna remove all attachments then use *.* in the *.bat proc file.
Pages: 1