Pages: 1
RSS
Filter for attachment by file type

Hello all,

I have a virtual folder that I want to see mails with certain type of file attachments aggregated. For example, I need attachment types of pdf/jpg/doc/xls in that folder but not msg/txt/etc...how do I accomplish that with the filter? Thanks.

Try with a filter like this

Message source / Matches any of /
Code
(\bfile|\b)name="?.*?\.(pdf|jpg|doc|xls)

Great, thank you.
Edited: jiangster - 23 January 2010 01:06:25

I have a question that I believe is related to this: Every day I receive tons of email that contain epubs, videos, audio files, images, etc. What I'd really like to be able to do is extract the different filetypes to separate directories with something like the following structure: (for example only!)

if attachment = *.jpg then save to c:\%YEAR%\%MONTH%\%DAY%\JPG
if attachment = *.epub then save to c:\%YEAR%\%MONTH%\%DAY%\EPUB

and so on for all the file types I'm interested in. In addition, I'd like to be able to prevent duplicates of these files, providing they are EXACT duplicates. If there's a difference in size, then I want to keep both (or more) versions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan  :o

I think that you want more than is possible with TB.
The best way to do this is with a filter that extracts all attachments and afterwards runs a third party tool that does the sorting.
Off hand I cannot suggest a suited third party tool that's suited for this purpose, but maybe somebody else can.

Thanks Roelof,  :D I appreciate the quick answer. I sort of suspected it might not be possible, but from the little I know about programming, it's something that should be possible.

Thanks again,
Dan :o
Pages: 1