Pages: 1
RSS
How to filter French messages?

Hi,

I would like to filter all French messages. There is way to do that?

I read that there is a string to filter russian content : http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forum/read.php?FID=5&TID=898

There is something similar for French?

For the moment, I try to use specific French words (bonjour, madame...) but this approach doesn't work very well and for some mysterious reasons these filters often doesn't work at all

Thanks for your help

Rick

For the moment, I try to use specific French words (bonjour, madame...) but this approach doesn't work very well and for some mysterious reasons these filters often doesn't work at all

The reason that a filter works only some of the time, usually is that a filter higher in the sorting office is triggered before, so the filter you're watching doesn't get the message.

French isn't as easy as Russian, for Russian you need the cyrillic alphabet and so you can filter on the charset. With French and English you can use the same charsets.
However there is a way to achieve this, but you need a third party tool, a anti-spam proxy called POPFile, freeware that can be downloaded from:
http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

Below you'll find a solution posted by somebody on The Bat! User Discussion List

======================================================
This method is only valid if your are using POPFile for spam
detection, like I am.

Because I mainly correspond in English and Spanish, I have changed my
POPFile from two buckets, 'spam' and 'real', to three: 'eng', 'esp'
and 'spam'. I have reset statistics, re-trained it with some 400
existing messages and, for the moment, it is running at 100% accuracy.
Obviously, I have POPFile set to include the X-Text-Classification:
header in classified messages.

In TB I have created the following QT:

,----- [ SLANG ]
| %IF:"%SETPATTREGEXP='(?im-s)^(X-Text-Classification)\:\s*(.*)$'%-
| %REGEXPBLINDMATCH='%HEADERS'%-
| %SUBPATT='2'"="eng":"%LANGUAGE='BR'":"%LANGUAGE='SP'"
`-----

And in all my reply templates I have included it right after %Cursor:

,----- [ ]
| %Cursor%QINCLUDE="SLANG"%-
`-----

And it works!!!  Now I can forget about having to change the language
manually :-)))
======================================================

As you see he not only had the possibility to filter on the language, but he was also able to automatically use the proper language for the spell checker when replying.

Thanks for your prompt answer!

I am going to try POPfile.

The problem is that I already use an anti-spam proxy called Spampal (www.spampal.org).

Do you know if your suggestion can work also with spampal? Or perhaps can I use both anti-spam proxies?

Sincerely

Rick  

I don't know whether it'll work with spampal, it would need to be able to divide your stuff into more categories than spam and non spam.
However, there's no reason why you can't run two proxies as long as you configure them correctly.
Another option would be to drop spampal....