Pages: 1
RSS
Add an HTML signature?

Hello,

As an old habit from FidoNet, I like to use The Bat! in text-mode. Also because I think the quoting is better since I can use the first letters of the person I'm writing with.

I just got this nice signature done that I'm using on the web and I would like to know if there is a possibility to add an HTML signature to a text template so, say... The mail is in text, but the signature is HTML. Is it possible at all?

Regards,

Cyril

No, I'm afraid that's impossible.. you can't combine text and html mode within a single message. Of course, you could make an HTML message look similar to text by writing it in 10 point Courier or something like that.  Or do as I did in my Fidonet days (1986-1992) and see if you can do a sig in ASCII.. :-)

`_ _'               0  
        _("v")_             /`,  
          " "          ...(0)>(0)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hello, Daniel,

Thank you for your answer.

Yes, I thought so. I couldn't imagine it would be possible.

What I especially don't like in the HMTL mode is the way it quotes. You just have these vertical lines instead of the neat > or >> with initials or name of the quoted. And I don't think there is a way to force this kind of quoting in HTML, right?

ASCII signatures? In FidoNet? Ouch! It was definitely not authorized in our conferences. In some of the technical ones, even Taglines were forbidden. Just Origin line was authorized :)

I regularly miss FidoNet :)

Regards,

Cyril

You just have these vertical lines instead of the neat > or >> with initials or name of the quoted. And I don't think there is a way to force this kind of quoting in HTML, right?

Right.. I'm not aware of a way to change that. But I have set the editor to always reply in plain text format, so my experience with HTML mail is very limited.

Yes, Fidonet could be very strict about repetitive content (because of the high costs of mail traffic), but here in Holland we had some local and regional 'echoes' that were more lenient :)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1