Pages: 1
RSS
Help required with including 'Re:' in the subject when required

My reply template looks like this:
%CURSOR
--
%FROMNAME
%DATE

............Original Message............

To: %OTONAME<%OTOADDR>
Sent: %ODATE;%OTIMELONG
Subject: %OSUBJ

%QUOTES

Now, the problem lies with the macro %OSUBJ. When I want to reply to a message with the subject as 'Re: Love', the 'Subject' part of the message under 'Original Message', defined by the macro %SUBJ, appears as 'Love', that is, without the 'Re:' part of it. The same is the case when the subject of the original message is 'Fwd: Love'.

Now, how do I setup the Original Subject macro to completely reflect the original message subject including 'Re:' and 'Fwd:' whenever and whichever order they appear.

I'm not good at using RegExp. Actually I have never used them. If using RegExp can solve the problem, can someone please tell me how to do it?

how do I setup the Original Subject macro to completely reflect the original message subject including 'Re:' and 'Fwd:'

Use macro %OFULLSUBJ

Thank you. That worked. Although I still cannot find that particular macro (%OFULLSUBJ) in the list which is displayed when you right click while designing templates. Is there actually a list of permissible-but-not-published macros?

I still cannot find that particular macro (%OFULLSUBJ)

You can find it in Help - Topic: "Full alphabetic list of macros"

OFULLSUBJ, OFULLSUBJECT
(replies and forward) insert the full subject of the original message

NB: It is bad form to do both top posting and use a cut mark. It mean that whoever replies cuts the entire back quote set and the whole point of doing top posting is thrown away.
iviarck
Pages: 1