Pages: 1
RSS
%TOLNAME %TOFNAME

Hello,

For a contact (first name X and last name Y), I have this template for new message (in the address book):

Hello %TOLNAME %TOFNAME,

1. If I write a message from the main window and if I select this contact (with To) in the address book and I see this:

Hello X Y

2. If I write a message from the address book to the same contact, I see this:

Hello Y X

-------

Why this difference (the first view is not correct).

In advance, thanks for your reply.

Check your address book for multiple entries for that contact.
With multiple entries for the same contact in your address book the resluts of AB templates get some unpredictable.
And same contact in this context means 'same address', two entries like "brother" <address1>   and "sister in law" <address1> will be considered as entries for the same contact.

All entries are identical.

To my opinion, it is a bug of the new version (4). I had no problem with the previous version (3)

My address book macros are still working as intended.

You're saying that all entries are identical. Does that mean that you've got multiple entries for the same address? Why?
As stated often before on this forum. Multiple entries for the same address are causing more problems than not.

Is ths problem occurring with all contacts or just with one? With all of your accounts?

Hello,

[QUOTE] Does that mean that you've got multiple entries for the same address? Why? "
Multiple entries = 1 contact who is in several groups.

Every contact is only once defined.

------------

I found what does not work correctly :D!

When I edit an address entry > Display name as:

1. If I select: First Last, I have no problem
2. If I select: Last, First Middle, I have the problem.  

I'll have to try that when I've got the time.

As a workaround you could change your templates to use the macros
%ABToFirstName and %ABToLastName
The value for those maros will be retreived from the address book and not from the To: header
And expanding those to %ABToFirstName="%ToFName"  and %ABToLastName="%ToLName" will use the part from the header when you've got no first or last name defined in the address book.

Thanks for your help.

The proposed solution does not work or I do not apply it well.

In the template, what do I have to write after "Hello", to see always the first name in the editor?

Hello ...????

Hello %ABToFirstName="%ToFName"­

Hello,

Thanks but it is the same thing: in a case, it is the first name which displays in the other one, the name.

I indicated the bug but I see that nobody takes charge of it.

I have the same issue. TB! always shows the last name of the contact in my templates where I would expect to see the first name.

Just discovered, in my case,
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forum/list.php?FID=4
I get the last name if I use the Address book for the To box, but if I click on the little arrow on the right side of the "Create a new message" button and select someone from the list that shows up there, the saluation gives the first name.

Changing the macro to use the Last name gives the correct salutation when using the Address book for the To box, but incorrect when using the selection from the "Create a new message" button's drop-down list.

I guess until this bug is fixed, I'll just have to leave the macro as Last name and use only the Address book.

Hello,

The problem has been resolved with the new versions:
Pro version: https://www.ritlabs.com/download/the_bat/thebat_pro_4-0-16.msi
Home version: https://www.ritlabs.com/download/the_bat/thebat_home_4-0-16.msi
Pages: 1