Pages: 1
RSS
Problem of extra line spacing between paragraphs (HTML), Can a macro remove extra line breaks?

Dear Bat Gurus,

Please can you help me resolve the following issue? Am using Bat 3.0.1.33. When Outlook or most web-based mailers receive messages composed in Bat HTML editor, they tend to render these messages with an extra line space between paragraphs. Whilst in a new message this behaviour can be corrected by using Shift+Enter instead of Enter as a line break, a real problem comes up when forwarding or replying to messages, because a text, looking in Bat editor smth like

> Line 1
> Line 2

> Line 3

will appear like

> Line  1

> Line 2

> Line 3

in Outlook, Hotmail, etc.

This might be a problem with these mailers, not with Bat itself (as HTML messages sent from Bat to Bat appear to be OK) – but still, how do I get around this, given that not everyone uses Bat yet?

I posted this question to this section because I would like to find out if it's possible to design a macro removing extra line breaks or replacing </p> with <br> at the end of each line of quoted text. Or any other solution?

Any advice is highly appreciated!

Currently TB doesn't carry macros that operate on HTML. Apart from that what you're looking for is a macro that's being excuted on sending and that's not the way TB is designed, macros are excuted on opening the template and what you see is what you get. Not like some clients that start rewrapping the message as soon as you press 'send'.

I am having this same problem and it is very irritating.  I am glad to know that I can use shift+enter to stop the problem from happening but it is not very easy to use. It almost seems like Enter results in a <p> and not a <br>.  If this was true, and there was a way to make this change, that would be excellent.  Still love the Bat, you guys have done a great job!
Pages: 1