Pages: 1
RSS
deleting old messages

Been playing with thebat for at least a month now and I still can't get it right.

1. delayed send works and then it doesn't work
2. some email accounts are pulling duplicate emails and sending duplicate messages to the outbox
3. when I change the message on the templates, thebat still sends the old message even thought its been deleted, so about half my clients receive the wrong message.

I've had people say this is the best email marketing software available. So far I have to say it hasn't lived up to its reputation. I have gone through the settings mulitp[le times and even reloaded the software several times. Still the same problems.

The biggest problem for me is thebat sending out the previous message that was loaded. Is there a way to totally delete old messages so that the bat will not be able to send them. The messages must be saved somewhere I would assume or else thebat wouldn't be able to load and send.

Any help would really be appreciated, otherwise I'll have to move on to something else as I can't keep wasting my time setting this up and it still sends the wrong message half the time.

Delayed sending won't work when TB is shut down at the time it should send your message. You need to keep it running.

I've never had accounts downloading duplicate messages on a regular base, but when you've got a message in your account that contains a virus, then your virus scanner will interrupt the download. As the download is interrupted, TB can't tell the mail server to delete the downloaded messages, therefore they will be downloaded the next time again. So check your mail account (on the server) for infected messages. You can do that either via TB's mail dispatcher or via webmail.

Templates are used for new messages. Once you've started editing a message there's nothing you can do with templates (except when you're manally caling qick templates) So when you want to use a new template for a message then you've got to delete the old message from the outbox.
Never failed for me.

Thanks for the response.

1. I know that thebat has to be kept running. I have it on a VPS server and its running 24/7. I had it working just fine and then one day it just stopped sending out delayed messages. I didn't make any changes so not sure why that happened.

2.I should have been a little more specfic. The message I'm having a problem with are my repies. I set up a template with my return message and thats fine but when I change the reply message to a new message, thebat still sends the old message out part of the time.

3. I'll have to check the outbox and delete from there hopefully that will solve the issue. I would just open the template and change the message so maybe thats the problem.

Gonna play with it some more today because I like what the thebat is capable of doing but it just seems to like it works for a while and then it starts messing up. I don't want to have to reinstall the software every couple of days.

Anyway thanks again for the help.

Roelof Otten wrote:
Delayed sending won't work when TB is shut down at the time it should send your message. You need to keep it running.

I've never had accounts downloading duplicate messages on a regular base, but when you've got a message in your account that contains a virus, then your virus scanner will interrupt the download. As the download is interrupted, TB can't tell the mail server to delete the downloaded messages, therefore they will be downloaded the next time again. So check your mail account (on the server) for infected messages. You can do that either via TB's mail dispatcher or via webmail.

Templates are used for new messages. Once you've started editing a message there's nothing you can do with templates (except when you're manally caling qick templates) So when you want to use a new template for a message then you've got to delete the old message from the outbox.
Never failed for me.
Pages: 1