Pages: 1
RSS
Rotating SMTP per 100 email

I have a few different SMTP (for outgoing mail, of course).
and i would like to rotate them or randomize them for my 250-300 outgoing mails per day (so i get better inbox rate). Is there any way I can do this with TB?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

The smtp server is defined by the account you're using, so you should switch the account you're using.
The only you could do this (note that I didn't test it, so I'm not sure it really works) is by creating a cookie file with all of your account names and picking those randomly by placing this macro in all of your templates:
%account='%cookie="C:\test\test.txt"' (with C:\test\test.txt being a plain text file with all of your account names each on their own line)

Thanks for the prompt response.
Hm.. i figured it might be more complicated that that, because there is also the SMTP IP, follow by email account name and password (some even require auth). In that case, what can I do? Can you please give further examples or guideliness. Thanks a million. Much appreciated.

P.S: I have done some research on this forum and read that some users recommend X-RAY plugin (or whatever thats called). It will serve my purpose, but I guess that will still require some manual switching and not automatically randomizing.

All settings regarding the smtp server are stored in the account properties. If you're able to switch accounts via the cookie macro then that's all you need to do.
I can't tell you whether XRay supports ranom switching of smtp server, but you wanted to achieve a better inbox rate. Now I'm not sure what you mean with that, but I understood that as wanting to get a more even load over all of your inboxes and that's achieved by switching the reply-to or the from address. Those things are changed by the account macro too.

Thanks for the prompt response once again. Appreciated.

Well, what I meant by higher inbox %, is that I find most of my mail tagged as SPAM for @hotmail.com and @yahoo.com, while @gmail.com and others seem fine. This only apply to TB. I have tried other mailer and they got inboxed no issue.

I am just wondering if there is anything I can do to increase the possibility of getting my mails inboxed. Thanks.

Have you disabled: Options -> Preferences -> General -> Use X-Mailer header?
If you haven't done so several ISP's consider your mail as spam.

It was already disabled. Hum.. Anything else I can do to increase inbox rate?

use plaintext instead of html, try to avoid more than a few telephone-numbers and links per mail, try to avoid all those buz-words that usually catch the attention of spam-filters.

you could also ask your friends or customers to whitelist your address.

I've been using the BAT since 1997 and I had very few problems with spamfilters during all those years (although my X-Mailheader shows the mail-client)

//ps: one more thing you could do: if people tell you that your mails are in their spamfilter, ask them to send you a copy of the mail-header. some spamfilters tell why they considered a mail spam.

//corrected a typo.
Edited: jutta zalud - 20 February 2011 15:31:17
Pages: 1