Pages: 1
RSS
How to stop the Splash Screen in TB 6.xx?

Hello,

Upgraded to v6.xx Pro and every time program loads it displays the Splash Screen.  This used to happen a few times in previous versions on startup and then went away.  I HATE Splash Screens!  How can I stop this?

Regards,

Jan

Add this parameter to your shortcut:
/nologo
..so that the target line will look similar to this (depending on your installation directory):
"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\TheBat.exe" /nologo

Thanks!  That did it!

Regards,

Jan

Yes, it removes the splash screen - but if you also want to minimize on startup, the result is even worse than the logo - the program loads, flashes briefly over the whole screen, then minimizes. :o

Splash startup screens are a pet hate of mine, and I would greatly appreciate there being a setup option to remove it without a startup-link parameter kludge.
Edited: Malcolm Johnson - 20 November 2013 15:12:01 (Made message clearer.)

Well, I've just backgraded to 5.8.8. It's a pity when an upgrade changes something that was working just fine. :(

Well, that is how it is done and it is not a big deal to add that to the shortcut you use to launch the program. I have parameters set on several programs that way. If there is a major updates that replace the icons, then you have to do it again. No big deal - keep all those command lines in a text file somewhere

Thanks for the reply. Yes, adding parameters in no big deal in itself; but what I find annoying is that when two parameters are added - no splash screen and start minimisee - the whole screen flashes. The previous version invisibly loads, and pops up the Bat icon in the task bar.

No such problem of a flashing screen, if your employ the following method:--

http://i.imgur.com/ipViXAo.png

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) | The Bat! Pro 6.0.10.1 | MailWasher Pro 7.3.0 (Beta)
Pages: 1