Pages: 1
RSS
Wrong timestamps of all mails after upgrade 1.62r to 6.4.0

Hi,

I'm currently testing version 6.4.0 as my e-mail provider has installed new SSL certificates which v1.62r can't handle. I installed TB into the same directory as my old version. After starting the new version, I noticed that all timestamps (Created, Received) of all existing e-mails have been increased by 3 hours. However, if I create and receive new e-mails, their timestamps are correct.

How can I retain the original timestamps of my old mails?

Thanks,
Stefan

The first thing that comes to my mind is that you've changed the timezone for your computer. That would be the easiest explanation.

Hi Roelof,

yes, this would be the easiest explanation, but ist was not the case.

Perhaps I should repeat the upgrade with my timezone set from CEST to UTC during the conversion of the message database, and back to CEST after that? However, the difference between CEST and UTC is only 2 hours, not 3...

But before I spend my time with experiments like this (maybe in vain), I'd like to hear an official explanation from Ritlabs if this might really a possible solution/explanation for the problem. I hope, they will answer to my support request which I also sent yesterday.

Stefan
Edited: stbi - 28 April 2014 04:33:27

Hi stbi,

Firstly that is a BIG jump in version. Glad to see that I'm not the only old user here. I seem to remember many years ago an upgrade caveat due to a change in the way the date was stored, maybe a dev can help here with the details. I think previously the date was stored in localtime and then it was changed to UTC. I can't remember the workaround, but setting your PC to UTC might help.

Regards.
Pages: 1