Pages: 1
RSS
Color groups vs Tags

I'm trying to figure out the practical difference between color groups and tags. I can find some information in the help file on color groups but not on tags.

I've been tagging specific emails by sender as it's downloaded.  I could use color groups to do the same but I don't know the advantages/disadvantages of each.

Anyone have any suggestions?

You can do anything you wish with them, but I have found it easier to filter by color group.However I use use both. If you delete a color group, anything that still has that designation goes back to the default. If you delete tags, they will reappear if anything still has that tag. Play with some test color groups and tags and you will see what happens

Also, something can have only one color group but have multiple tags (and don't forget you can add tags to your folder view)

Thanks for the comment that multiple tags can be used but not color groups. I'll keep that in mind.

I use tags as subcategories for my color groups, but I started this before there were "tags" Tags are much more flexible. In Color groups you can change the style and color of all the text
Pages: 1