Pages: 1
RSS
Icon animation NOT working

How do I get thebat icon to animate when it detects new/unread mail?
Under preferences, I DO have the

"icon animation when unread messages are detected" checked
but it's still not animating.

Thanks,
Dale
--using home version 5.0

What operating system are you using? I am on XP and they work correctly, but I have heard they won't and never WILL animate in Windows 7 because of system limitations.

I'll leave space for someone more knowledgeable to chime in  :D

uh-oh!

Well, that's the issue because I'm using W7.

Keep watching this thread. Someone with more knowledge may know something more than I do. I think I remember one of the developers saying it was an insurmountable security issue

Thank you; I will.
It certainly is a nice perk to have it working (animated when there is new mail).

----dale

Animation works fine on W7 32 Enterprise, W7 64 Home Premium, and W7 64 Ultimate (the OS that I use/have used).  The only only time it does not work is when more than one TB window is open (and more than one TB icon in the taskbar) and then the icon for the main window sometimes fails to animate even when there is unread email.

i'm using windows 7 professional (what came with the computer).

never find this type of problem.

The taskbar icon had stopped animating for me somewhere in the midst of V4, itself.

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie

Windows Se7en Ultimate (SP-1)  |  The Bat! Professional Edition 5.0.12.12 (Beta)

that explains why it won't work on my OS. thanks.
perhaps the developers can test newer thebat versions out on different operating systems
and develop a "fix" for this minor issue.

my best and thanks.
Edited: Dale Ingham - 06 June 2011 16:19:55

Make sure that you have gone to OPTIONS / GENERAL and added a checkmark to "Icon animation when unread messages are detected" :)

Having checked a bit further, I find that the animation stops when the Search window is open in TB and the taskbar icons behaviour is set to "Combine when full" - otherwise animation works fine with all flavours of W7 that I use.

Never find this type of problems.

I also have a hunch that if unread messages are already existing before running The Bat! there could be a likelihood of the taskbar icon failing to animate - just a presumption on my part (have not been able to verify this.)

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie

Windows Se7en Ultimate (SP-1) | The Bat! Professional Edition 5.0.12.13 (Beta)

I am not quite sure what you mean - if you close TB without reading all the messages and then re-open it?  Animation still works ok for me when I do this.

If I were to make a wild guess, I would suggest Dale's problem is caused by either all icon animation in the taskbar being disabled in Windows (which you can check and enable very easily) or else possibly TB using the wrong icon which has no animation.

Was re-organizing my Bat! ToolBars, last night - when suddenly, I realized that the icon had started animating. Can't seem to place my finger on what triggered it.

BTW, the animation is quite capricious - now you see it . . . . . . . . . now you don't.

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie

Windows Se7en Ultimate (SP-1) | The Bat! Professional Edition 5.0.12.13 (Beta)
Pages: 1