Pages: 1 2 Next
RSS
Mail ticker still not working...

I just downloaded TB 5.0.14 but mail ticker is still not working for me....    :(

More precisely it doesn't work if I use age limit option and particularly if I check maximum message age. If I check this box the mailticker disappear even I chose an age limit of 24 hours or more.

This is strange because 5.0.14 should have solved this issue according to what you wrote here:

http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/whats_new/detail.php?ID=3451

[-] (#0008671) Age limits and priority filtering Mail Ticker settings were ignored

I have win7 - 64 bits (french version)

Any idea?
Edited: duralux duralux - 23 June 2011 11:58:59

It's working perfectly alright - you may probably need to re-install The Bat!

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie

Windows Se7en Ultimate (SP-1)  |  The Bat! Pro 5.0.14.1

Reinstalling the bat... When you update you reinstall the bat...
Are you sure you are using maximum message age option? Which value are you using ?
Edited: duralux duralux - 23 June 2011 13:27:49

I'm posting the entire screen here so you may see all the settings - hope this helps. Please note the email IDs on the Mail Ticker have been obfuscated for obvious reasons.

http://i54.tinypic.com/zy81s2.jpg

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie

Windows Se7en Ultimate (SP-1)  |  The Bat! Pro 5.0.14.2 (Beta)

Thanks for capture. Is it exactly what I am saying. Mail ticker doesn't work anymore if you select the option "maximum message age". They are no selected on your options. Try and you will see.

And for me it's important to put 10 minutes as a maximum message age otherwise my mail ticker is always on.

So the bug it's always here even if Ritlabs says that it has been solved:

[-] (#0008671) Age limits and priority filtering Mail Ticker settings were ignored

I think you've got a point - generally, I don't use the Mail Ticker (this was the first time I tried the 'Age Limits.') On my system, the 'Mail Ticker' stops scrolling and becomes blank - I mean the messages fail to show on a static background that then becomes plain.

Now, I'm going to be playing around with the Mail Ticker srttings - shall certainly post here if I come across something worthwhile.

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie

Windows Se7en Ultimate (SP-1)  |  The Bat! Pro 5.0.14.2 (Beta)

Just downloaded 5.0.16 beta and the problem is still here...

Nobody knows why Ritlabs refuse to solve this problem discussed here for months?
Edited: duralux duralux - 27 June 2011 12:09:58

If you refer to the 'Help' section, you'll realize that in the 'Age Limits' mode, the Mail Ticker is only supposed to inform the User about the latest messages that has been configured into the 'Age Limits.' So, it does not seem to be designed to scroll those messages.  :cry:

Check out what the 'Help' section has to say about this matter:-

Code
You can define "Message Age Limits" to restrict the messages displayed in the Mail Ticker (tm) to only those that have arrived within a certain time frame.
In this way, the ticker can be configured to only inform you of the presence of newer messages.

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Se7en Ultimate (SP-1)  |  The Bat! Pro 5.0.16  |  MailWasher Pro 1.1.16

Yes I know that and it's exactly what I want...

I want to be informed about the latest messages received in the last hour. That's all. Otherwise Mail Ticker is useless for me because I have a lot of unread messages in my various accounts and mail ticker is always on if I don't put age limit.

I use The Bat since 1997 and Mail Ticker with age limits worked perfectly at least in the last 5 years. Please don't try to convince me that this bug it's not a bug and that it works perfectly...

I cannot understand why Ritlabs continue ignoring this bug for months and months...

I also wrote about that here because they were thinking that the bug was solved...
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=8671
https://www.ritlabs.com/bt/view.php?id=8669

But nothing changed, 3 beta appeared since my messages and the bug is still here... Worst they says that the bug is corrected...    :evil:

bye

duralux duralux wrote:
I want to be informed about the latest messages received in the last hour. That's all. Otherwise Mail Ticker is useless for me because I have a lot of unread messages in my various accounts and mail ticker is always on if I don't put age limit.
I'm afraid that part is working exactly as it should!!!

I expected more fr om the Mail Ticker thinking it would scroll even when when the 'Age Lim its' is configured - which it is wont (since according to the help' section, the Mail Ticker shall not scroll . . . . . by design.)

Sorry, there is no bug - only the bed-sheet needs to be taken to the laundry.

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited: Battie - 27 June 2011 13:45:28

Perhaps there is no bug for you but there is a bug for me...
If I put an age limit, the mail ticker disappear completely...
Is it normal?

PS The scrolling of messages within the mail ticker always worked perfectly in the past even with age limit...

duralux duralux wrote:
Perhaps there is no bug for you but there is a bug for me...

If I put an age limit, the mail ticker disappear completely...

Is it normal?
It might be relegated to the back ground - you can try to bring it up by using (Alt + Tab) You may alternatively enable 'Always on top.'

One can classify an issue as a bug only when it's reproducible - take a look at the clinching evidence below:-

http://i54.tinypic.com/dfiyio.jpg

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie

Yes and I can reproduce it on 4 different PC here....
And your picture do not show the mail ticker!!!
And a mail ticker cannot be relegated on the background...

I don't understand if you work or are related to Ritlabs considering the speed of your answers but you are not providing them a good service trying each time to prove that everything is perfect...
Edited: duralux duralux - 27 June 2011 14:04:10

duralux duralux wrote:
Please don't try to convince me that this bug it's not a bug and that it works perfectly...
I don't have to convince you or anyone else - but myself.

duralux duralux wrote:
Yes and I can reproduce it on 4 diffetent PC here....
A bug needs to be reproducible on everyone else's PCs.

duralux duralux wrote:
And your picture do not show the mail ticker!!!
Look carefully - I'd even highlighted the number of messages just . . . . . . . for you.

duralux duralux wrote:
And a mail ticker cannot be relegated on the background...
Probably, only on 4 computers . . . . . . . in this entire world.

duralux duralux wrote:
I don't understand if you work or are related to Ritlabs considering the speed of your answers but you are not providing them a good service trying each time to prove that everything is perfect...
I'm not affiliated to RitLabs in any way, just another User like you but who beta-tests purely to help others - I actually don't need to . . . . . .

Goodbye,
(^ _^)
Battie

What you highlighted it's the bug... Because with previous versions you had the mail ticker scrolling perfectly with age limit... So we are talking about the same thing.

I get the same problem here. The Mail Ticker was working with 4.x and with 5.0.14 it is still not working. I am using the same setting as 4.x.

I have a Maximum Age Limit of 300sec set and I think this is causing the problem. Without the Age Limit I do get Mail Ticker but that is not what I wanted.

Also, I notice that v5.x Mail Ticker scrolls across the entire screen whereas v4.x only had a small rectangular box.

Kenny Yeung wrote:
Also, I notice that v5.x Mail Ticker scrolls across the entire screen whereas v4.x only had a small rectangular box.
The Mail Ticker is re-sizable - one can very easily grasp either ends with the mouse while holding down the left-click-button to extend the Mail Ticker across the screen.

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Se7en Ultimate (SP-1)  |  The Bat! Pro 5.0.16  |  MailWasher Pro 1.2.0

Thanks for the reminder Battie. It has too long since I configured the Mail Ticker in V4.x.

Kenny I am happy to know I am not the only one who has problem with the maximum age limit...    :D

Kenny wrote:
Thanks for the reminder Battie. It has too long since I configured the Mail Ticker in V4.x.
You're welcome, Kenny - if you need any further assistance with your Mail Ticker just let me know by PM. Suggest also that you upgrade to the latest 5.0.16 ( http://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php )

Initially, the Mail Ticker did not work for me either as noted above in post # 6. However, it works perfectly well now as it was intended to.

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie

Thanks for the info on the new version - I have now installed this on my system.

However, like duralux duralux, I still consider that the Mail Ticker is not working as it was in v4.x. I have read the V5.x Help section and it appears to do what it saying but that was not the operation in V4.x, and as I don't have v4.x anymore I can't confirm what the Help says.

Also, setting the Mail Ticker to Automatically does not pop up the ticker, again something that was working in v4.x

kenny

Kenny wrote:
I have read the V5.x Help section and it appears to do what it saying but that was not the operation in V4.x, and as I don't have v4.x anymore I can't confirm what the Help says.
You're right.

I don't prefer to use the the Mail Ticker and have just started trying it out since V5 - but yes, it does exactly what it's supposed to be doing. If for example, it started scrolling whilst configured to display the 'Age Limits,' I can imagine what a hideous sight that would be.

Kenny wrote:
Also, setting the Mail Ticker to Automatically does not pop up the ticker, again something that was working in v4.x

kenny
When the Mail Ticker is set to 'Automatically,' it is relegated to the background - you can call it by using (Alt + Tab.) Whenever required, it pops up which is in keeping with the term automatically.

On the other hand, those who want it to be visible on the Bat! window, all the time can set it to 'Always.'
Edited: Battie - 27 June 2011 21:27:26

If for example, it started scrolling whilst configured to display the 'Age Limits,' I can imagine what a hideous sight that would be.
With v4.x the scrolling ticker was showing the sender and subject for the messages that met the criteria defined by the 'Age Limit' setting. V5.x does not showing the same information with the same setting, and in my opinion, this is a bug. We could argue whether this is a bug or a change in functionality but I would rather spend my time doing something else.

When the Mail Ticker is set to 'Automatically,' it is relegated to the background - you can call it by using (Alt + Tab.) Whenever required, it pops up which is in keeping with the term automatically.

On the other hand, those who want it to be visible on the Bat! window, all the time can set it to 'Always.'
With my setting to 'Automatically' the pop up does not get relegated to the background - it simply does not show up at all.  For argument sake I used Alt-Tab just to check and canconfirm that it is not there. Again, with v4.x the pop up occurs automatically so something must have changed.

Kenny wrote:
With v4.x the scrolling ticker was showing the sender and subject for the messages that met the criteria defined by the 'Age Limit' setting. V5.x does not showing the same information with the same setting,
Ah, now this is the first time on this thread that a decent description has finally emerged. This is similar to what had happened to the 'Mail Redirect,' function ( http://www.ritlabs.com/en/forum/index.php?PAGE_NAME=message&FID=4&TID=9968&MID=33176#message33176 ) Those Users who've experienced the 'Age Limits' in the Mail Ticker functioning in the V4 and V5, as well . . . . . . and who would like to have the function restored to V4 state, could easily start a new topic requesting for the same with a proper description and screenshots, if possible (it's very easy to downgrade to the V4 to accomplish this.) IMO, the OP did an absurdly poor job in putting up a case for the same in this particular thread.

Kenny wrote:
With my setting to 'Automatically' the pop up does not get relegated to the background - it simply does not show up at all. For argument sake I used Alt-Tab just to check and canconfirm that it is not there.
If you're unable to get (Alt + Tab) working, try to simply minimize each window through the minimize 'Caption Button' on the extreme-upper-right section of the title-bar. After every windows is minimized, you'll find the Mail Ticker (which was relegated to the background) on the desktop. Please note using the 'Show Desktop' function of Windows Se7en to minimize will fail to work as it manages to minimize the Mail Ticker, too.

Kenny wrote:  
Again, with v4.x the pop up occurs automatically so something must have changed.
That would and should happen only as and when required - so, there's no question on this aspect and let's not discuss that silly little point any further - that behavior on the V4 was a bug.

cheers,
(^ _^)
Battie
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pages: 1 2 Next