Pages: 1
RSS
Add rows for every message in Horizontal view, How to add more space in horizontal view

Hi,

I'm using the Horizontal view in a 27 inch monitor. I want to know if there is some way to have 3 or 4 rows for every message inside the messages list, similar of you can see in MS Outlook: http://www.iitk.ac.in/cc/windows/outlook2003/outlook2003-screenshot.jpg

I'm thinking in having every row of Message list in this format:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: XXX<xxx@xxx.com>       To: ZZZ<zzz@zzz.com>        Size: 56K
Subject: This is the subject
Received: 12-12-2012 00:00           Created: 12-12-2012 00:00  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this possible?

thanks,

No, can't be done

@naoko nantes  -- some time ago I made a request to have this feature (Outlook-style message list) added to the program. Click the link and you can add a note saying you would also like this feature. The more people who sign up, the more chance there is that the feature will be added. It does make much better use of screen space, in my opinion.

That is an interesting way to view messages, but I really have the same thing with my full folder tree, message list and message preview - actually MORE information about the email is in the preview. They might consider adding it as a layout option ...

The purpose of the Outlook-style message list is not so much about maximising the amount of information about the email, it's to optimize the use of space on the screen. The Outlook-style two-line message list slims down the message list, and allows for a wider preview pane. It works very well on modern widesceen monitors, in my opinion far better than The Bat's single line message list (presuming you're using a horizontal split in The Bat, which mimics the standard Outlook view).
Pages: 1