Pages: 1
RSS
URL of link in message no longer displayed

When I started using The Bat!, with version 5, I could see the actual URL for a link in a message by hovering over the link with the mouse pointer.

At some point, perhaps with the change to version 6, this feature disappeared. Now when I hover over a link, nothing happens. I have discovered that I can find out the URL by right-clicking on the link and then clicking on properties.

However, simply hovering over the link was easier. I hope you will bring back that feature.

That feature as well as many others that disappeared.  I found the hovering for URL was a good security measure so you can decide to click it or not.

I miss that feature as well.  Please bring it back.

For Windows users, go to Preferences -> HTML Viewer.  In version 6, the default HTML viewer is IE (Not The Bat!).  Change the viewer back to The Bat! and it works as it once did...

Thanks, Ron. I was hoping this could be fixed with a configuration change, but I would not have guesses that changing the HTML viewer would do it. But following your instructions did solve the problem.

I tried that suggestion then lost viewing images in all my emails.  I look for the obvious setting, but was unsuccessful.  Suggestions?

Yep, after the configuration, The Bat! needs to be restarted for the links to take effect.

cheers,
^ _ ^
Battie
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit) | The Bat! Pro 6.2.14 | MailWasher Pro 7.3.0 (Beta)

Thanks to Ron Cohn for the tip.  That worked for me.
Pages: 1