Pages: 1
RSS
Insert smilies

I just noticed that the Insert Smilies button in a compose window is grayed out. I'm composing in html.

Anyone else notice this or do I need to configure it to have the smilies available?

TB v6.3.2
Edited: Larry Wing - 26 April 2014 18:12:30

It's fixed in 6.4.0

Yes it's fixed but they have reduced the number of smilies. I don't use a lot but wish I had more options.

Actually you do and I can show you how. Just remember to keep this backed up as every full install will wipe it out

Go into the Bat's program folder" C:\Program Files (x86)\The Bat!" or whatever according to the system you have.  Notice the "default.msl" Then go into the IMAGES folder and you will see the images that are there. Put some more images there and note the file names
Next open default.msl with notepad and duplicate the last line a few times then change the file names and the shortcuts to fit you needs

Smiley = ".\Default\cold.gif", 0, ":cold:"

I have removed the shortcuts and left the names because I really can't stand having :) always turned into a graphic, but to each his own. Just remember to back up you work and that this will not show until you restart the Bat

you can even add BIG graphics but they will not show in the drop down real well

If you have any questions, post back here

Thank you. I've added a couple of my favorites.
Pages: 1