Pages: 1
RSS
Delete Addresses From Edit Mail Message DropDown, Drop Down Address list maintenance

After people I correspond with have changed their e-mail address, how do I delete their old e-mail address from the drop down lists that appear in the To: CC: and BCC: fields when I am writing a new email?

cursor down until you have highlighted the unwanted email then hit the delete key

Cursor down and pressing delete does nothing for me. No result, unwanted email addresses don't disappear.

This behaviour is really annoying - I have put a request in for tech support so lets see what comes back!

You are responding to an almost 5 years old message...

This drop-down list is usually populated from the Address Book and the address history, but this depends on the settings in:

Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor | Message Header | To: | Edit | 'Editing' tab

(you can likewise configure the CC: and BCC: fields)

If the offending addresses are not in the address book, they must be from the address history of that account. For a previous discussion on how to clear that history (using an unauthorized method), see https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic13046/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1