Pages: 1
RSS
Windows 10

Is The Bat! ready for Windows 10?

I have the same question.

Works fine for me on Windows 10...

Works for me too - but i tried to make a backup on Win10 with version 7.x (current) and recover backup on WindowsXP with version 6.8 - reported as damaged archive.

Updated version 6.8 to  current 7.x on WinXP and error is still displayed.

----
After tests: something is damaged with my TheBat installation on WinXP after upgrade from 6.x to 7.x.
He can't load backup created itself.
Edited: Mariusz Litwińczuk - 07 August 2015 16:00:19

One problem may be that when upgrading to v7 you can't go back to an old v6.8 database without data corruption. At least that's the way I read the v7 installation dialog box.

Default Windows10 scheme have one important inconvenience:
some buttons (compared to WinXP etc.) when pressed - they not shown at pressed.
In WinXP they have blue background (when pressed - white before pressed).
In Win10 they have white background when pressed and not used.

I reported this to Support but they will not change this.

So be carefully if something have strange behaviour and You will wonder why something works different - first check manually everything what can work as I descibed...

Example: mail log and "only important" button.
I spent few minutes to wait for new mail - button is pressed and new notification are not shown...
Edited: Mariusz Litwińczuk - 14 August 2015 16:15:44

Works fine in windows 10, but beware it does not play well with newer high resolution screens. The icons and text goes crazy small and unusable.  The windows compatibiity modes does not seem to work properly (like a lot of crap in windows 10...).  Best to stay wirh windows 7.  Much more stable and less BS.

Well all I can add is that I am running the Christmas version (7.1.12?) 64 bit under Windows 10 Pro and I am not aware of any problems caused by the operating system. I have one or two issues with the Bat.

When upgrading from Win7.1 to Win10, TheBat! lost all knowledge of its mail files and didn't appear to be registered. I reverted to Win7, and all was well. Any suggestions?

The windows registry file would have been overwritten.
If you did not export the keys for RitLabs! prior the only option is to reinstall. Use the same version of the installer would be best. You will need the key to be rein putted of course.

On first launch The Bat! will be in a 30 day trial, search for the e-mail with the registration key highlight and then go to Help | Enter key

You should be good to go at that point.

Thanks. I'll export the keys before I try again.
Pages: 1