Pages: 1
RSS
Full width html, HTML emails being displayed using only a percentage of the available space

Hi,
I am trialing The Bat at present and I am having an issue with the display of html emails. For some reason they are not using the full available space. Rather, the mail is being displayed in miniature and zooming is not so easy as my laptop does not have 'num' key. It happens to me regardless of the Windows split mode I use. I cannot imagine I am the only one that this is an issue for but I cannot find anything showing how to resolve it already in the forum. Is there a place that I can configure it to use the full width of the available panel? And secondly, assuming there is, why is it not the default setting. Are there disadvantages?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Daryl

Go to OPTIONS / PREFERENCES / Viewer Editor ?HTML VIEWER and set it to let the bat handle the HTML. You may have to experiment with the features in there to get what you want
Disclaimer: The Bat's HTML handling needs a rewrite but I have yet to see a mail client handle all HTML correctly. If you get it where you want it and you get an occasional unsatisfactory HTML email you can always launch the "message.html" file that is attached to every HTML message. I know,  that is a pain
Pages: 1