Pages: 1
RSS
Fast way to add numerous addresses to a group?, Need to create a mailing-list of just under 250 addresses ..

Hello,

I'm using v4.2.44.2 of The Bat! .. I mention this only because I'm, generally, ignorant of a great many changes/new capabilities from my version to the present version.

I've agreed to take over management of a "retiree-notification-list" comprised of retirees from our former employer.  The current list contains addresses totaling just under 250 retirees.

Is there a way that I can create a "group" in Bat that allows "mass-addition" of this many addresses?  Hopefully, just copy and paste using some accepted formatting, if required?

Please, tell me that I don't have to enter each address individually .. (fingers crossed!)

Thanks!

-Travis

Edited: Bubba TAM - 04 August 2016 23:34:47

Drag and drop works but COPY them and paste is better. When you set up the group UNCHECK the hide checkbox (or try it once to see what it does. - it will hide the entry in the main adders book if it is in the group. If something goes wrong you can always drag them out of the group and back into the main address bool, regroup and try again.

The only thing that I constantly do is MOVE rather than copy. A couple of bad words and redoing it fixes  :D

Thanks again, sir!

Since my initial message, I've "discovered" that my provider limits the number of recipients  allowed in any single email to 50 (and refused my request to increase that number) .. GMail limits it to 87 (really? .. not 85, not 90 or 95 or 100 .. just 87!!) .. but, a "free" service allowing MORE recipients than the one I'm paying for.   :)

So, messages to 200+ will require multiple groups / multiple messages .. I can do that.

-Travis

You may wish to use an email service designed for 100+ contacts. I am on the receiving end of MailChimp.

Review link: http://www.toptenreviews.com/business/marketing/best-email-marketing-services/mailchimp-review/

Groups of more than 50 are difficult to maintain. Someone is always changing their mail server or email address.

From one "Retiree" to another,

Bob Huddleston
Edited: Bob Huddleston - 18 August 2016 22:58:56 (Increase font size for "retiree" eyes.)
Pages: 1