Pages: 1
RSS
How to re-activate an account in TheBat?

In 2012 or 2013 I setup in TheBat some separate accounts.

A few month later I copied a whole subfolder inside the main mail folder for one of the accounts (e.g."acct1") to a backup directory on one of my external hard disks.

Afterwards I deleted the just copied subfolder completely from inside of the TheBat mail folder.
That was the way I was told to do an account backup.

Now I wanted to re-activate this account. Therefore I closed at first TheBat, then copied the old subfolder back to the current main mail folder
and restarted TheBat.

Unfortunately TheBat does not (automatically recognize the new account subfolder with teh old settings and old messages).

So how can I tell TheBat "Hey TheBat re-scan your main mail folder an re-open all new found account".

The new copied account subfolder contains all files which are (from my point of view necessary) for an account definition:

ACCOUNT.EFB
ACCOUNT.EFN
ACCOUNT.EMD
ACCOUNT.EMR
ACCOUNT.EOG
ACCOUNT.ERB
ACCOUNT.~EFB

and some msg folders.

So whats wrong?

How can I re-open an old account?

Matt
Edited: Matt Adams - 27 August 2016 22:18:48

Ok you put the mail folder back into the Bat's mail directory tree
Now in the bat, start to recreate the account. It should find it.

If it does not then move the colder back out, start the bat and recreate the account THEN with the bat closed, drag in the subfolder and MESSAGES FILES etc then open the bat. If anything is missing hit SHIFT CONTROL ALT DELETE "L" at the same time and it should bring up anything that is in the tree but missing in the bat interface

Keep a COPY of that folder somewhere in case something gets toasted
Pages: 1