Pages: 1
RSS
Hotmail not working, Not working in The Bat!

I can't get Hotmail to send and receive in TB.It's strange because I can send and receive in both Outlook and Thunderbird and copied the same mail server settings to the bat TB.The connection Centre comes up and goes through the motions with no errors.I've tried both POP and IMAP recommended settings.

Have you viewed the log file in the The Bat for that account, to see if it provides any clues? (eg. certificate error)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

There are no errors in the log that I can see

I'm not using my Hotmail account now but do use Outlook.com address and haven't had any problems with following settings. Note I'm using POP

smtp: smtp-mail.outlook.com, port 587, Secure to Regular Port (STARTTLS), Authentication: same user/password as mail retrieval
pop: pop-mail.outlook.com, port 995, Secure to Dedicated Port (TLS), Authentication: Regular

I used my main identity email for login and haven't tried any alias so I can't confirm alias will work.

How does that compare to your settings?

Yes those are my settings.Unusual this morning It actually sent a test email to my other address but it wouldn't receive a test email going the other way.Everything worked in Thunder bird and Outlook both ways.Also I've tried the IMAP settings with similar results.Maybe it's something to do with TB as for the last Month or so it takes for ever to open and close the program.

Which version of The Bat? I'm running 7.2 Home. Is it possible your firewall is blocking?

Same version and Firewall not blocking.It's nothing I can't live with as I can get Hotmail through another client.I'm thinking about switching email clients anyway with the problem of slow startup and closing down of TB a bit drastic I know.
Pages: 1