Pages: 1
RSS
Automatically stripping attachments, how to strip attachments

Is there a way to set up The Bat to automatically strip all attachments from an email when replying?  In other words, I don't want the attachments to go out when replying to an email.
Edited: Ann C - 25 March 2017 23:38:02

Strange. That shouldn't be happening as that is the default setting.

I have the opposite problem: I would like the attachments to go out when replying to an email. Is this possible also with a macro or template?

hello

i have the same problem as Alec.
i want to reply to an email with their attachment in my new email.

is this possible?

thanks
ryan

ryan gardner wrote:
i want to reply to an email with their attachment in my new email.

is this possible?

I don't think it can be done, because the message generated by the Reply function does not include attachments and I'm not aware of a macro command that you could use in your Reply template to include them afterwards..

Theoratically, you could use the Forward function instead, and edit your Forward template so that the message is addressed to the original sender and the text is turned into quotes. I suspect though that that might cause problems with threading of messages on your end and on the recipient's end, because a forwarded message won't have the same header fields that are expected in a reply. It might even cause your 'replies' to end up in their spam bucket.

In practice, it's probably best if you simply drag and drop those attachments from the original message into your reply. As a reminder, you could put something like this in your Reply template:

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
These attachments were included with your message:
%OATTACHMENTS
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hopefully someone else will still come up with a better solution.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1