Pages: 1
RSS
How to set up default email writing and how to copy/paste text including format, Email width adjusts with window size?

I recently reinstalled Win 7 and I can't figure out how to make my email text adjust to the window size automatically without putting in hard returns.

And I often reuse text such as directions, but just noticed that I lose all the formatting when I paste it into a new email.  

Appreciate any pointers!

See Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor | Editor Preferences for settings like Autowrap.

You may also have been using the HTML editor rather than the regular plain text editor (see Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor), which could explain the lost formatting.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks, I just checked my settings again and I was using the text editor, but also made some changes, yet still no luck.

Took a couple of screenshots of my settings, but now can't figure out how to upload them.  I click on the image button and it wants a "path" -- path to my harddrive?
Edited: Christine Baker - 01 April 2017 05:39:48

No, you would have to host those images somewhere on the web and then enter the URL in that dialog.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

That's too bad.  I did fix it by going back to my old install and taking screenshots of those settings.   Interestingly it only works with the "html with alternative plain text part" editor.

I'm not sure I fully understand your problem, Christine. If you're wanting to write plain text that wraps at the window, go to Options>Preferences>Viewer/Editor and set default editor (at bottom of screen) to 'plain text windows'. The MicroEd editor works to a fixed size controlled by settings in Options>Preferences>Viewer/Editor>Editor Preferences - which does not seem to be what you want . - and do not check the box for 'wrap text for plain text editor'. Those are my settings and it works well. Good luck.
david  
Pages: 1