Pages: 1
RSS
Are Block Quotes possible in The Bat?

The title pretty much says it. For some reason, a search for "block quotes" turns up nothing. Help appreciated.
using 4.2.10

That could mean several things. If you want to paste a block in quoted format, use Paste Quoted (Shift-Alt-INS). If you want to indent a quoted block, select it in column mode and press Ctrl-K I. If you want to center a block, select it and press Alt-C.

Or, if you mean a quote style where the quoted text is indented and preceeded by a single " sign, I'm afraid that's not an option.
Edited: Daniel van Rooijen - 05 May 2017 13:16:20
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks, Daniel. Appreciated.
using 4.2.10

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
select it in column mode and press Ctrl-K

When you are composing, what is column mode?  (Apologies if this is something trivial I missed.)

I do miss the easy indenting when it is on tool bar, as in Eudora.  Not sure how easy Gmail is for this feature.
Similarly, on forums I do a lot of block quoting, which is a cousin to indent, and, when available, that is a fav feature.

===========================

Also I see the "insert Column on the right" is interesting. You can actually make a multi-column document.  Do you use that much?  Does the recipient receive it properly? Is it practical?

Steven
Edited: Steven Avery - 19 June 2018 09:30:55

When you are composing, what is column mode?  (Apologies if this is something trivial I missed.)

When you use the regular Plain Text MicroEd editor, it has a 'Block Type' button in the status bar below (look to the right of the insert/overwrite indicator). It allows you to make selections either by line, as a stream, or as a column (block).

Also I see the "insert Column on the right" is interesting. You can actually make a multi-column document.  Do you use that much?  Does the recipient receive it properly? Is it practical?

Not sure what you mean exactly or where you see that, but if you send plain text messages and you and the recipient both use a fixed width font, he should see the same columns that you do.
Edited: Daniel van Rooijen - 19 June 2018 21:42:17
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1