Pages: 1
RSS
depicted duplicated handle

How come this error message doesn't get discussed on the forums? (Only one very old post with no resolution). Am I the only one to get this? I just had it appear on a second user's machine and have no ideas how to fix it.

Anyone have any experience with this?

A German user had this too, but there was a fourth word behind "depicted duplicated handle" which turned out to be the name of a category in his address book. He created a new category and moved the addresses from the affected category into it, then deleted the affected category, and that solved it for him.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

"EWS:"

on both machines. I assumed this was "Exchange" something, but I don't know which Exchange account or what mailbox, hadn't even considered an address book. Since it gives NO identifying info, its impossible to tell.

Yes, EWS: stands for the Exchange Web Services protocol. When used, it can automatically import items from the exchange server into The Bat's address book as well as the Scheduler. Have you checked both for any categories or entries that contain the name EWS: ?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
A German user had this too, but there was a fourth word behind "depicted duplicated handle" which turned out to be the name of a category in his address book. He created a new category and moved the addresses from the affected category into it, then deleted the affected category, and that solved it for him.
Thank you, it did work for me too.
What is missing in TB: an export command to list all the handles.
Pages: 1