Pages: 1
RSS
Tactics to reduce THEBAT's SSD footprint without deleting emails off the IMAP servers?

Hi,

First of all, thanks for a great program!

Second, I'm moving/copying TheBat to a couple of new machines and was wondering how

can I reduce the footprint without deleting emails off the servers (all IMAP).

I thought I could delete several years of emails and maybe search for them on GMail

(like on gmail app on android) ? Or maybe just synchronize the last  6 months of

emails without deleting them off the server like on other mobile email clients? Or

maybe just leave the headers for everything older than 6 months and dl them if

needed? OR maybe archive older emails locally and move them to an external hard drive

but still have them online?

Been searching for it for the whole day and found nothing. Would be grateful for any

help!

Thank you!

You can set the IMAP options:

You have the possibility to configure individual message download settings for each account:
  • Get only message header – The program downloads only message headers and retrieves the entire message once you select it
  • Get message header and textual parts – The program downloads the message text and headers, but not the attachments
  • Get entire message – If you choose this option, both message text and attachments will be retrieved once The Bat! establishes the connection with the server
Also for IMAP folders:
You can check the path of the respective folder on the server using the Folder -> Properties -> IMAP-specific menu. Here you will see the cache message base path as well. To clear cache, press the "Clear cache now" button. After you clear cache, the program will download the messages anew.

See the online help file: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/62/

Arnold DeRoy wrote:
You can set the IMAP options:

You have the possibility to configure individual message download settings for each account:
 Get only message header – The program downloads only message headers and retrieves the entire message once you select it
 Get message header and textual parts – The program downloads the message text and headers, but not the attachments
 Get entire message – If you choose this option, both message text and attachments will be retrieved once The Bat! establishes the connection with the server
 Also for IMAP folders:
You can check the path of the respective folder on the server using the Folder -> Properties -> IMAP-specific menu. Here you will see the cache message base path as well. To clear cache, press the "Clear cache now" button. After you clear cache, the program will download the messages anew.

See the online help file:  https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/62/

Thank you! So what I can do is clear the cache and then set " Get ONly Message Header" which means only message headers will be downloaded and then select the emails (most recent ones) for which I want the bodies to be downloaded as well? If the folder size keps growing I just clear the cache again and select a smaller set of more recent emails? This might work!

Just curious, can TheBAT do that mode of synchronizing only the most recent 30 days of emails like the mobile email clients do? Technically this is doable, right?
Pages: 1