Pages: 1
RSS
Edit & change SUBJECT field of INCOMING message, This is about how to edit and change SUBJECT in INCOMING message.

OK, I have I question and hopefully someone will know the answer, or - most probably - guys from RitLabs will do something about it   :D   (like: add new feature:)  :!:

:cry:  The problem is this:

- you receive a message with SUBJECT: APPLES,

- ...but text inside is all about BANANAS,   :o  

- so you would like to change SUBJECT of that message from APPLES to BANANAS  :evil:  ,because later you might want to browse through message base to find all messages that are about APPLES (assuming that simple search through subject lines would do the job),  :!:  

- ...but The Bat! does not allow you to CHANGE SUBJECT in incoming message(s).    :(  

Does anyone here have an idea how to do this?

This feature is standard in Eudora, I think. [One of my friends really liked The Bat!, but, unfortunately, he is using Eudora (or some other popular e-mail program) only because of above described problem.]

=======  :!:  =======

Real life situation:

=======  :!:  =======

- you are receiving messages from lists/groups/boards;

- someone sends a message with subject "Re: Diving in Australia",

- ...but actually that particular message should have had subject "Skiing in Austria";

- changing only SUBJECT line in that message would save you a lot of time and energy if you later browse messages looking for "skiing in Austria".

Thanks. Hope this helps many of us, but also RitLabs to sell more instances of their great e-mail program.

Mike (Milos),
Belgrade, Serbia
Serbia&Montenegro ;)  
Milos

::: "The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad.!" - Salvador Dali (1904 - 1989)

Drag and drop the message into the outbox.
Open the message, you can edit it now.
Save the message (don't send)
Drag it to the appropriate folder