Pages: 1
RSS
Clearing auto fill history

Is there a way to clear out the auto fill history so that when I start typing an email address certain email addresses won't be in the list?  I have recently deleted some email addresses from my contacts but they are still showing up when I start typing a similar email address.

Not sure if you can remove just a few addresses, but this thread about clearing the entire history contains some solutions and pointers:

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/forum4/topic13046/
Edited: Daniel van Rooijen - 26 November 2017 03:53:56
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Not sure if you can remove just a few addresses, but this thread about clearing the entire history contains some solutions and pointers:

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/forum4/topic13046/
I don't see any tab that says "addresses".  I am using version 8.0.10 and all of my email accounts are POP rather than IMAP.  Where am I supposed to be able to see this "address" tab?

Thanks,
Ann

I did a little further checking and I found where you can set the address history to scan outgoing or incoming mail.  Nothing is set in mine to scan any accounts or any mail. It looks like it is collecting the information anyway.

The 'Addresses' tab becomes visible when you choose Workspace | Folder Tabs | Show folder Tabs. It's probably of no use though. However, further on in that thread referenced earlier, it discusses how deleting ACCOUNT.HIS (or ACCOUNT.EIS when it is encrypted) removes the entire list of previously used addresses.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Just to add a tip here: I'm using 8.0.14 and you delete history by deleting the ACCOUNT.HIS file for an email account. Do this when TB! is not running, of course. I suggest renaming ACCOUNT.HIS to something else instead of deleting, such as ACCOUNTold.HIS, just for safety. When TB! is restarted and you send an email, a new ACCOUNT.HIS is created. Good luck,
david
For what it's worth, I use IMAP.
Edited: david kirk - 28 November 2017 16:44:43
Pages: 1