Pages: 1
RSS
Templates confusion

Hi,

I wanted to change my new message template and noticed that on a particular account the system takes the template fr om somewhere else and I can't figure out wh ere.

See print screen here: https://www.corobori.com/sos/2017-12-20_12-58-02x.jpg

Just a few wild guesses:

Does your address book for that account start with an empty address (no name, no address) and does this entry specify a different template for new messages?

Did you actually use the 'New Message' button to create this new message, or did you click on a mailto: link on a webpage? In that case, the template would be from the account that in its 'Properties | General' is marked as the default account for Mailto: URLs.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Just a few wild guesses:
Did you actually use the 'New Message' button to create this new message, or did you click on a mailto: link on a webpage? In that case, the template would be from the account that in its 'Properties | General' is marked as the default account for Mailto: URLs.
Hi Daniel,

I think I have got some confusion here between which templates is used and when. When clicking the "New Message" button a template comes up which is indeed different when click to the one coming up when clicking "Write a message to this address" Once I'll figure out this it'll be ok

Update: if I select the root folder and click the "New Message" button the template coming up is not the same as click that same button having selected the "Send mail" folder

Thanks for your help, Daniel.
Edited: Jean-Luc Praz - 21 December 2017 13:31:46

Jean-Luc Praz wrote:
Update: if I sel ect the root folder and click the "New Message" button the template coming up is not the same as click that same button having selected the "Send mail" folder

Message templates can be defined per Individual Address (in address book), per Address Book Group, per Folder and per Account (listed here in order of priority). So, those are the possible sources.

When you right-click on a folder and choose Properties, you will see the templates (if there are any) for that specific folder.
(if this is a virtual folder, I don't know which rules apply.. maybe The Bat can also borrow templates fr om the source folder??)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1