Pages: 1
RSS
Application is not running anymore

Hi,
A couple of weeks ago I made an error in defining the data folder when installing the latest TheBat on my new machine so, after using it without any problem, I wanted to make a clean install of the program.
I backed up my data, uninstalled the program and deleted the RIT key in the registry. I then reinstalled it to make sure using the correct folder but since then I can't run the program anymore: I can see the startup screen then the windows flickers a little and disappears (see video here https://www.screencast.com/t/TeNRl7ssC ). I can see the process in the task manager. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it twice but I couldnt' find my away around this. Any idea ? Here is how my folder looks like

Sounds like you need the "/nologo" workaround as discussed here.

In brief, you put " /nologo" (without the quotes, but with the preceeding space) at the end of the commandline that launches The Bat. You can do this by right-clicking on The Bat's desktop shortcut or startmenu-item, choosing 'Properties', and then editing its Target. From then on, the splash screen will no longer be shown at startup but the main program window should appear without problems.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Your answer solved the issue, thanks Daniel, adding /nologo in the commandline allowed me to go further and restore from my backup. Great to have TheBat back working. Again thank you.
Pages: 1