Pages: 1
RSS
Missing The Bat Icon

After updating to the latest version 8.2.8, The Bat icon is missing and all I have is what looks like a document icon.  How can I get my icon back?

Thanks,
Ann

If you're talking about the icon on the shortcut, just right-click on it and choose Properties, Change icon.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Oh, it's working now.  All day today the reply option was not available.  Anyway, I cannot choose another icon because I keep getting a message saying the icon file cannot be found.  I also found that  The Bat program is somehow loaded in  my download folder instead of in the program folder, so that might have something to do with it.  I finally just restored the computer back to before this latest update on Feb. 19 and I have my old icon back, but the program is still in the wrong folder.

Hello, Ann.
For the icon, Windows sometimes loses the icon when an update is done. Just click the 'browse' button on changing icon and point Windows to your TB! EXE file, which has lots of icons to pick from. Not knowing your specifics, I think reinstalling the upgrade may fix it if there is an option to specify folder. If you have trouble, I have some tips at http://davidkirk.org/thebat/  on installing to a different folder, but that may be overkill. Good luck.
david
Pages: 1