Pages: 1
RSS
NOLOGO does not help!!!

Follow up from  https://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/forum4/topic13288/
SO I listened to what was told here, added the /nologo in the start link. Logo does not display, ok.
Then I installed Win updates,
Restarted
Started TheBat, it shows up and immediately closes.
That is all now, support seems UNABLE even to reply to complaints,
I will rollback Windows, export all thebat messages to another application and send this sh*tty program to trash!

Make sure that you've added the /nologo parameter to the shortcut's target box like I've described here:
https://www.ritlabs.com/en/forums/forum4/topic13238/message45382/#message45382
The program path is probably different on your system, but the trick is to place the parameter after the last quotation mark (with a space in front of it).
Edited: Tomaso - 06 March 2018 19:29:08

Tomaso it seems that you are unable to simply READ what you are replying to!!!! READ what I wrote and try to understand that I DID put the nologo line.
By the way at least admin replied on this topic, "The /NOLOGO is not needed, it is not a remedy."!

I found it a little unclear, so I refered to that post just in case.

Same here - can't get 8.3 to run on Windows 10 (1709).

Richard Andersen wrote:
Same here - can't get 8.3 to run on Windows 10 (1709).
OK, tried to reboot Windows 10 and now it seems to start up, but can't get TLS to work in any way. Can't even get POP3/IMAP non-TLS to work on HostXNow, can retrieve mail but not send (AUTH error).

As I reported in another thread, adding /nologo did work for me:

Thanks, Daniel. It worked!

In case others might make the same  mistake I made at first (adding /nologo to the command already within  quotes in the Target field of the shortcut), the Target field should  read:

"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat64.exe" /nologo

Of course, if you installed The Bat! somewhere else (as I did), you would have to show the actual location on your computer.

For  the first time in countless installation attempts, after starting the  first time and answering a few questions, including the location I  wanted to use for my data (the Mail folder), I saw a screen for Create  New Account; at the bottom there was an option to restore a backup. I  restored the .tbk backup archive from my old computer, and in a few  minutes I had The Bat! ready to go with my old messages and settings.

BTW I installed The Bat 8.3.0 64-bit on my laptop running Windows 10 1709 OS build 16299.461

(I am delaying upgrading to Windows 10 1803 because of all the bugs reported.)

Do you use the AntiSpamSniper?
Pages: 1