Pages: 1
RSS
The Bat! loads and takes password, then UI dissappears, The Bat! loads and takes password, then UI dissappears

Hello,
My Bat program no longer runs properly. Unfortunately the REPAIR function of the latest upd ate also does not fix it.

The program is running, accepts my password, and then flashes at the display screen two times but not long enough to see anything, and then disappears and program has to be terminated by task manager. I checked my anti virus software (COMODO) and the problem still happens even when the firewall and containment services are disabled.

I can re-install from scratch but I don't want to have to se t up all of my email accounts again.

I am only using this program 1-2 months and am very disappointed to have problems already because so far it was working very well and I liked it very much.

Obviously I cannot get into my email on my main computer with this problem going, so it is an urgent request!

Please help explain how I can repair this without losing all of my account configurations.

I am really shocked that paying such an expensive cost for paid software provides ZERO tech support!  I see i am not the only one, judging from the many people posting their problems in the user forum!

At the very least, can someone at least tell me which files have my account settings, so I can reload them after making a fresh install, seeing this company is not providing any assistance for its software !

Have you tried the " /nologo" command-line option? It seems to help whenever someone has a problem of the program disappearing quickly after launch.

Right-click on the shortcut (icon) that you use to launch The Bat and choose Properties. If the value for Target is something like:

"C:\My Programs\Ritlabs\thebat64.exe"

..change that into:

"C:\My Programs\Ritlabs\thebat64.exe" /nologo

Then save the changes and re-launch The Bat to see if it works.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks, Daniel!

That was exactly the reply that came back from the Ticket response.
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

This problem might be caused by the new logo. Please add the following command line parameter to The Bat!'s shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat64.exe" /NOLOGO

See a sample screenshot attached. And try to start the program.

I do like the program very much. Everything a former Thunderbird user would want with improved security and functionality.

I couldn't find a FAQ anywhere though that would help me to know which files are which in terms of preserving or backing up email account configurations and mail data files. Besides a fishing expedition, can you recommend a resource how to learn this?

Thanks very much for your reply!

I wouldn't have bought The Bat! if I wanted to use my phone much for email (I am almost ready to go back to the Nokia GSM version 1 phone if they would work in USA)! Some of us are old school and still use our own private email servers for our private email!  8)  :{}  
Edited: North American Stifled User - 12 April 2018 02:21:03 (update)

FYI I got the program to load and it asks for my password but does not load my email account files.

Can you please help me know which files they are so I can be sure the program locates them?

Thanks if you can help!

I was able to restore from the autobackup file but have to make some more disk space for that to work completely!

Thanks very much and kindly share any resources for file importing/back up etc that are not in the standard help file resource. It looks like it is not so obvious because I have gone with the auto encryption option. But Bat was able to restore (data space issues not withstanding).

Thanks again!

Your account configurations and the messages themselves are in your mail folder, as specified under Options | Preferences | System: "Mail Directory".

I can't really help you with a FAQ.. everything I know about The Bat is from using it for a long time, and from several resources like this forum, the Help (also accesssible here through Support in the menu and there's a Tips & Tricks section too), and a few external resources like the German language batboard.net community. Over time, I've been on quite a few 'fishing expeditions' myself, but in my experience the information that you need can almost always be found somewhere.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

If you have an AntiSpamSniper plugin, try to uninstall it to see whether it makes any difference. Then maybe obtain the latest version of the plugin.
Pages: 1