Pages: 1
RSS
BAT stopped working this morning, /nologo doesn't work

My version of the Bat 8.3.0 was working fine until this morning when I booted my computer. It has now stopped (I can't open it).

Am using Windows 10. I tried reinstalling it and using /nologo in the shortcut as people indicated in the forum. Doesn't start!

I tried down grading by installing 8.0.18. Same thing, can't open it.

Should I try deleting all entries of the bat in the registry ? Can't think of anything else.

I don't have any v7 to try, nor the key for that version.

Badly need help since I don't have any access to my emails. I will open a support ticket, but from reading this on the forum that doesn't seem to help.

I have been a user for at least 10 years.

Richard

So, what could have changed on your computer that caused this? Maybe a Windows or A/V update that you could roll back?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Nothing. I'm an old system engineer, so I really mean nothing.

I shut the computer down in the evening (The Bat worked), when I started the computer up in the morning (The Bat didn't work).

Yesterday when I started the computer up in the morning, The Bat was working. There, changed had been made:

Re-installation 8.3.0, then 8.018, then back to 8.3.0. Had shut the computer down in the even, not working. Started it up in the morning, it was working  again.

I'm satisfied but somewhat worried. Am currently praying to all the computer gods I know, Ada, Turing, Grace Hopper & Bill Gates.

If you use AntispamSniper, then uninstall it and see whether that makes  any difference. We have lots of users that suffer from incorrect  behavior of AntispamSniper after Windows update. Particularly,  AntispamSniper affects domain (host) name resolution so The Bat! cannot  resolve any host name, i.e. convert alphanumeric name to an IPv4 or IPv6  address, but after uninstalling AntispamSniper this error no longer  happens. If it makes any difference after uninstalling AntispamSniper,  then try to obtain a new version of the AntispamSniper plugin. Just let  us know whether it helps.
Pages: 1