Pages: 1
RSS
The Bat! in Terminal Server for MAPI, To be able to run TB in TS for more than one user

Howdy.

I installed TB on my client's computer as the current email application they have no longer supports MAPI.

The issue is no matter how I install it, all the varying options I try, I cannot get it to run for more than one user.  My customer's setup is a little weird in that their terminal sessions identify as Windows 7 installs - not sure if that's a factor, just noting it.

So after I get it working for 1 login I cannot get it to work for any others.  If The Bat! is executed it flashes up a screen - the first screen of the wizard where you enter your name and account and password - that flashes for 100 ms or so, then closes.  TB is still running as a process, but does nothing else.  We are hoping to use TB for its MAPI access for an accounting package.

The email account is hosted through gmail, but using a custom DNS (not @gmail.com).

We are still using the evaluation version, as I need to know it'll work for us before buying it!

Is there something obvious I am missing in the setup or installation to get it working?

Cheers
Jonathan

Try putting " /nologo" (without the quotes but with the leading space) at the end of the command line that launches The Bat.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

If you use AntispamSniper, then uninstall it and see whether that makes  any difference. We have lots of users that suffer from incorrect  behavior of AntispamSniper after Windows update. Particularly,  AntispamSniper affects domain (host) name resolution so The Bat! cannot  resolve any host name, i.e. convert alphanumeric name to an IPv4 or IPv6  address, but after uninstalling AntispamSniper this error no longer  happens. If it makes any difference after uninstalling AntispamSniper,  then try to obtain a new version of the AntispamSniper plugin.

Usually, as we know, users start to experience problems after updating Windows 10 if they use an older version of AntispamSniper. But maybe, after even updating Windows 7 problem may also persist.

Just let  us know whether it helps.

I don't think that /nologo can make any difference if you use latest version of The Bat!
Pages: 1