Pages: 1
RSS
problems in gmail, some accounts not receive or send mails

I have several  accounts in gmail, suddenly in some accounts I stopped receiving  mails.Using as a mail client TheBat V8.3 (64B), for a long time, has always worked  very well, but in some accounts when connecting it tells me that there  is an authentication problem, if I go to the web and enter  account and password, I enter perfectly.

For what it's worth I've  noticed that in some accounts I can not download emails, it says that  there have been connection attempts and asks me to check security, it  seems that this all good, but I still can not download emails with my client and I can go online.

Any suggestions?

Greetings.

TB! made some changes in 8.x for Gmail. At least that's how it appears. You might try going to accounts>properties>transport and clicking Authentication for receive mail. If it's set to OAUTH, change to Regular. If that works, please let us know. Good luck,

david

Solved, but I do not like it.
If I give permission to the less secure applications, I can now operate normally.
I think it's a bad solution, how is TB an unsafe application?

Regards

TB! is not unsafe. Google is very concerned on security and TB! is outside its area of control when running in regular mode. I think Yahoo has a similar framework regarding email clients.

david

The answer of gmail has been:
The  reason for having to activate that option in the account has its origin  in that this application does not connect to the mail server using the  OAuth 2.0 protocol but it does it in some other way, less secure. Verify in the owner of said application if there is an updated version that implements this level of security.

Any solution?

Regards
Pages: 1