Pages: 1
RSS
Automatic copy to folder

Is there a way to automatically copy an outgoing message to a folder?  Sometimes I want to make sure a copy of a message I am sending gets put into an additional folder besides the "sent" folder.  Is there a way to do this?

Hello, Ann,
Just create a filter for outbound mail and and set filter to contain your email id and create action to copy to a folder. It works for me on IMAP so I would assume it would work for you on IMAP or POP.  Good luck,

david

Thank you, David.  I have a filter for one particular situation when I send to one person.  However, what I wanted was something that I could do on the fly, so to speak, for random emails occasionally.  For instance, I am conducting a fund raiser right now and I wanted to be able to have a copy of any email I might send to various people regarding this fund raiser.  The recipient would be different and the subject might be different, so I couldn't figure out any way to create a filter when there was no common attribute other than I would want to keep track of any correspondence during this event.

Ann C wrote:
However, what I wanted was something that I could do on the fly, so to speak, for random emails occasionally.

For occassional use, instead of "Send"-ing out the message when it is finished, you can "Put it in Outbox" first. While it resides in the outbox, you can copy it to another folder by dragging it there with Ctrl pressed down. Then press the "Send queued mail" button to send out the original mail from the outbox.

Alternatively, just copy the message to another folder after it has been sent, from your Sent Mail folder. Like with the method above, you would drag the message from the message list, press Ctrl down so it copies rather than moves it, and drop it in the desired target folder.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
 Ann C  wrote:
However, what I wanted was something that I could do on the fly, so to speak, for random emails occasionally.

For occassional use, instead of "Send"-ing out the message when it is finished, you can "Put it in Outbox" first. While it resides in the outbox, you can copy it to another folder by dragging it there with Ctrl pressed down. Then press the "Send queued mail" button to send out the original mail from the outbox.

Alternatively, just copy the message to another folder after it has been sent, from your Sent Mail folder. Like with the method above, you would drag the message from the message list, press Ctrl down so it copies rather than moves it, and drop it in the desired target folder.
Thank you, Daniel.  I will do that or I suppose I could just right click on the sent message and choose "copy to folder".  Another email program I have used had the capability to choose "copy to folder" before sending, so it was more of a one step process than doing it after the fact, but it's not that big of a deal.  Thanks for your help.
Pages: 1