Pages: 1
RSS
Attachments, Can't open attachments

Hi,

Just purchased the new version 8.5.6 after used version 5 for several years.

Attachments (pictures) aren't shown in the main window
I can see them in the left panel as small icons but can't be opened when I click or doubble click on them.

In the Version 5 this opened a viewer.
Is it lost?

Thanks for your returns.

Bob.

Bob Heulgaume wrote:
I can see them in the left panel as small icons but can't be opened when I click or doubble click on them.
Maybe your settings in Options | Preferences | Attachment Security don't allow this? Is there no 'Open' option when you right-click on one?

See Workspace | Attached Files for some display options related to attachments (or just right-click on one, or somewhere in their pane).

When you receive an html email with images attached, don't you see a tab for each attachment directly below the message content? If so, you should be able to see the images by clicking on those tabs.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hi Daniel

Thanks replying.

I checked settings in Options | Preferences | Attachment Security and it allows  jpg, jpeg, etc.. to open.

I can see the attachments as small icons on the left panel. When I rightclick on them I have the "open" menu (Ctrl+enter) but it doesn't open anything.
When I used version 5 and did this, I had a kind of viewer which opened in another screen. Is this feature already exists?

I have the tabs below the message content and I can see the images by clicking on each tab but the "ajust to the screen" and "zoom 100%" do not work.

Just another thing: In the new AppData\Roaming, I imported folders from the old version 5.
Maybe this could make a bug?

If yes, Is it possible to reinstall the new version and how?
I have the backup  TBK.file from the version 5 (11 202 250 Ko).

Regards

Bob

Bob Heulgaume wrote:
I can see the attachments as small icons on the left panel. When I rightclick on them I have the "open" menu (Ctrl+enter) but it doesn't open anything.

It should open the image file in the program that is associated to it in Windows. For example, I use Irfanview as a viewer for JPG and PNG images, so when I double-click on them (or sel ect Open), they open in Irfanview.

What happens when you double-click on a JPG in Windows (that is: in Explorer) ?

I have the tabs below the message content and I can see the images by clicking on each tab but the "ajust to the screen" and "zoom 100%" do not work.

They seem to work only when the image is larger than the viewing window.

Just another thing: In the new AppData\Roaming, I imported folders from the old version 5.
Maybe this could make a bug?

If yes, Is it possible to reinstall the new version and how?
I have the backup  TBK.file fr om the version 5 (11 202 250 Ko).

I would think that when you import folders, they should end up in your mail directory (the one shown in Options | Preferences | System).
Can you see the imported accounts and messages in The Bat and do they work correctly?

I don't think this is related to the problem with image attachments. If there is a problem with the imported accounts and messages, I think it would be best if you open a new topic for that.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1