Pages: 1
RSS
How to deactivate zoom with Ctrl+mouse wheel?

Hi,  with TheBat 8.6 appeared a small menu for the plain text editor. I don't use it by OK so far.

But now if I press Ctrl key while the mouse wheel is rolling, the zoom level is modified automatically.

How can this behavior be stopped? (this is very annoying).

Thanks,
TB

Thierry Bouche wrote:
Hi,  with TheBat 8.6 appeared a small menu for the plain text editor. I don't use it by OK so far.

But now if I press Ctrl key while the mouse wheel is rolling, the zoom level is modified automatically.

How can this behavior be stopped? (this is very annoying).

Could you describe the problem a bit clearer? When I'm in the plain-text editor, nothing happens when I Ctrl-Scroll.

When I am viewing (not editing) a HTML message, Ctrl-Scroll does change the zoom level, but that only seems practical to me. It's not a key+mouse combination that I would activate mistakenly. So, I am not sure how this feature would get in the way.. do you press Ctrl a lot for other reasons when you're working with The Bat?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Are you using the latest version (64 bits)?

The fact that there is now a plain-text editor menu is apparently irrelevant to my problem, I mention it only because it appeared when I last updated, together with the new "feature".

So the typical situation (I had the same problem with a browser years ago): I have a mouse with continuous scrolling, when I reply to a mail I very often end up in the situation where the wheel is still rolling (e.g. i just jumped to the top of the message) and I press the Ctrl key (e.g. together with Shift in order to select text, or with arrows to navigate cited text...). Now, the zoom level changes as soon as  Ctrl is pressed while the wheel is turning.

What I want is to disable this shortcut (I didn't find it anywhere). I notice however that the Ctrl-+ shortcut to zoom in, which is documented somewhere, doesn't work. So maybe only a bug in this version.

Salut Thierry, all clear now!

No, I'm actually an update behind, and I'm still on a 32b system. I don't have autoscroll on my mouse either :)

Anyway, this does sound like a bug or at least an unexpected occurrence, and my advice would be to report it to Ritlabs. If it's very annoying, you can download the previous version of The Bat from https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/archive-versions.php.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1