Pages: 1
RSS
Reappearing folders / shadow folders 0 count, I am deleting some common folders and they show up after restart

I have a strange issue.

I have moved the Data location of the The Bat to a new SSD.

After startup, The bat recreated the folders in the old location.
I have tried to change the Data location to the new SSD but i got an error that the account already exists.
Then, i have reached a forum post with details of how to change work directory of The Bat in the registry (regedit).

After startup i see all my data in my email@domain account (my main and only account).
Now the issue is that:
- all my filters have the wrong path in Move to folder rules
- i see a structure of the folders i have under \\email@domain in the root of the folders (They show up as common folders), but they are empty (0 messages)
- i can't delete the "shadow" folders. I mean i can delete them, but they show up after startup. I have tried, wipe, move to trash, invisible. They always show up.

#HALP

I don't know the sequence of what you did, but I just duplicated that with no issues. I shut TB! down, moved the data folder, edited the registry entry, restarted TB! and all the folders were where they're supposed to be. It may help if you give step by step on what you did. Good luck,
david

I was able to fix by doing a backup and restore of the account.
All good now.
Pages: 1