Pages: 1
RSS
[v8.6] Wrong "From" name in Message list

Hi,

I found an issue with the "From" name in the message list: If the From name contains an e-mail address between double quotes, then the actual e-mail address is displayed instead of the From name.

Example:

Code
From: "donald.duck@entenhausen.de" <reply@mailinglist.net>

The "From" column in the message list displays reply@mailinglist.net
instead of "donald.duck@entenhausen.de" <reply@mailinglist.net>.

In version v1.62r which I had before, the "From" name was correctly displayed as
"donald.duck@entenhausen.de" <reply@mailinglist.net>.

The problem with this changed display format in v8.6 is that I can't see the actual sender name anymore in Yahoo Groups (mailing list) postings, since Yahhoo Groups automatically formats the sender's address as follows (example):

Code
"'Firstname Lastname' firstname.lastname@provider.com [ListName]" <ListName@yahoogroups.de>

So every sender is displayed as ListName@yahoogroups.de instead of
"'Firstname Lastname' firstname.lastname@provider.com [ListName]" in the "From" column of the message list, and in order to see the actual sender's name, I would have to sel ect the e-mail in the message list and look at the Fr om name in the editor window, which is not really convenient...

My question is: Is there an option to restore the old behavior?

Thanks,
Stefan

You can right-click on the headers above the message list. Then pick ''Message List Columns" and see if one of the other 'From'-like options works better?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Unfortunately this doesn't help:

- "From (email)" displays the e-mail address, not the name.

- "From (Address Book)" uses the e-mail address to find the address book entry, and this is the Reply address of the mailing list, not the Sender address.
Edited: StefanB - 22 December 2018 22:18:19

I'm in several old yahoo groups myself, and I thought that I didn't have the problem that you describe (i.e. no display of sender name in message lists), but it turns out that I do! It started sometime between June 19 and June 28 of this year. When I check the raw message headers, I see no difference in how Yahoogroups.com is delivering the messages, so I think the change in display is caused by The Bat. Maybe you should open a support request for this issue using the Support menu above.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1